Home

18194591_10212641409451354_7679336509107550492_nFullSizeRender (4)

PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MOVEMENT PLATFORM

Directly and rapidly reduce greenhouse gas and toxic pollution to successfully combat climate change and improve public health

  • Mandate a transition to an equitable and sustainable New Energy and Economic Future that limits the temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels

  • Provide a Just Transition for communities and workers negatively impacted by the shift to a New Energy and Economic Future that includes targeted economic opportunity and provides stable income, health care, and education

  • Demand that every job pays a wage of at least $15 an hour, protects workers, and provides a good standard of living, pathways out of poverty, and a right to organize

  • Ensure that in the New Energy and Economic Future, investments are targeted to create pathways for low-income people and people of color to access good jobs and improve the lives of communities of color, indigenous peoples, low-income people, small farmers, women, and workers.

  • Make bold investments in the resilience of states, cities, tribes, and communities that are threatened by climate change; including massive investments in infrastructure systems from water, transportation, and solid waste to the electrical grid and safe, green building and increasing energy efficiency that will also create millions of jobs in the public and private sector

  • Reinvest in a domestic industrial base that drives towards an equitable and sustainable New Energy and Economic Future, and fight back against the corporate trade-induced global race to the bottom

  • Market and policy based mechanisms must protect human rights and critical, native ecosystems and reduce pollution at source

Join us on April 29th at 10:30 at Warinanco Park (Island behind the lake) located in Roselle, NJ. Let’s gather to listen to amazing speakers. We’ll have environmental activists, artists/ singers, and please sign up with the environmental organization of your preference where you can help to make the difference.

Contact Maria Santiago-Valentín, Lead Organizer, at msant860@aol.com, for more information.

YOU MUST CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER:
https://actionnetwork.org/events/peoples-climate-movement-rally?referrer&source=widget

Organizations Endorsing this Event:

FullSizeRender (6)

People’s Climate Movement

Organizing for Action

Food and Water Watch

Environmental Justice Green Drinks

Calm and Mindful, LLC

Tierra Madres

Climate Reality Project

Rutgers Climate Institute-  they disseminated our request for a speaker and they will contact us directly to participate

sierra-NJ-LogoClimate change will be the greatest natural disaster caused by human greed. We are allowing 1% of the population to put the other 99% at extreme risk. This change will disproportionately affect environmental justice communities. Already during a heavy rain the streets of the Ironbound section of Newark are filled with sewerage from backed up waste lines that storm water has infiltrated. We are already are seeing climate migration. The conflict in Syria started by failed wheat crops due to drought. When the people protested because they couldn’t make bread they were fired upon by the government. Low lying countries around the world are witnessing sea level rise driving poor populations to higher ground. In Miami Florida streets flood during average rain storms. The midwest and south are seeing more destructive tornados. A cyclone which is a hurricane in Asia devastated large sections of the Philippines. What we are seeing is destruction on a massive scale and this is only the beginning. We must all wake up! The same people who can’t see past their wealth and are running the planet are the same people who are suppressing women rights, and keeping wages low.
This is why we must all march together. March to save the planet, march for human dignity, and march for unity. We can only change the course of events by marching together. No matter what your race, or gender, religion, or heritage, we are all on this planet together.
The only way to save it is to work together for our families, our children and the future.
Howard Steinberg Chair
Sierra Club Environmental Justice Committee

 
Advertisements